Counter Fraud Service
What is it?
Education fraud is a growing menace. Over the past 15 years it has become a worldwide problem. The increased commercial value of academic qualifications makes fake degrees highly marketable. The trade is now global and many security measures are inadequate to curb this fast expansion.
Over the past 10 years credential evaluation experts at UK NARIC have seen hundreds of thousands of examples of genuine and bogus qualifications; the knowledge and experience that the team has built up over this period is second to none.
Members are able to tap into this experience and knowledge to help ensure that they are able to make the best possible judgment about the authenticity of a qualification. This service has been specifically designed to help employers, education institutions, professional bodies and those involved with the process of advising individuals wishing to come to the UK to work or study.
Is it for me?
The following types of organisations use UK NARIC's expertise to help them make judgments on how suitable individuals from overseas would be to work or study in the UK:
- Organisations who recruit internationally
- University Admissions and International Teams
- Technical & further education colleges
- Chartered institutes & professional bodies
- UK & international education councils
- Ministries of education
How will it benefit me?
The service will help organisations:
- That handle applications from individuals from overseas
- Reduce the uncertainty surrounding possible bogus qualifications
- Reduce the risks associated with recruiting / admitting an individual from overseas
- By providing them with information about why UK NARIC considers that the qualification raises concern
In essence this service will help you to mitigate risk, build in-house expertise and reduce costs associated with recruiting individuals from overseas.
What are the key features?
Our Counter Fraud Service will provide you with the knowledge you need to be able to make better judgments about whether a qualification is legitimate.
We will provide you with a report that considers the key elements that UK NARIC use to combat education fraud.
In the final part of the report we will make a clear and unambiguous statement about our opinion of the validity of the qualification.
What documents should I supply?
Please note that the Counter Fraud Check will cover one qualification at a time; additional qualifications submitted will not be included in the report. If a Counter Fraud Check is required for other qualifications, they will need to be submitted as separate enquiries.
- Scanned copy of the original language final certificate and transcript with a corresponding certified translation
- Documents submitted must be clear, readable and ideally in colour
- Other supporting documents are welcome, e.g. evidence of previous studies and/or professional registrations; however, these may not be commented on in the report
In addition to qualifications issued in English, this service is also available for qualifications issued in the following languages:
We have developed a number of
membership packages to suit the needs of member organisations which incorporate this service.