Terms and Conditions
The online payment service for UK NARIC applicants is designed to speed up applications to UK NARIC and offer
our applicants the convenience of paying with a valid debit or credit card. This system is subject to
the following terms and conditions:
UK NARIC is the National Recognition Information Centre for the UK, managed by ECCTIS
Limited on behalf of the UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills. Our address and contact details are:
68-70 Suffolk Road,
Tel: +44 (0)871 330 7033
Fax: +44 (0)871 330 7005
In order to have your application processed, you must signal acceptance of the terms and conditions set
out below by clicking on the tick box directly below the online application form. If you have any
refer to the Data Protection section below. If at any time you wish us to cease processing your
information please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For products that are ordered through the UK NARIC website, but fulfilled by third parties, the
third party’s terms and conditions will apply and should be communicated to you by the third
party at the point of sale. Third party products include:
- UK Study Pack
- UK Work Pack
- UK Work Pack eGuide
1. On receipt of all necessary accompanying paperwork, UK NARIC will endeavour to complete an application
within 10-15 working days from the point at which all required documentation and payment
has been received by UK NARIC. However, this period is not guaranteed and in some cases, such
as those requiring additional, in depth research, the application will take longer. In standard
cases, the maximum processing time is one month; in research cases (and in these circumstances,
you would be informed) the maximum process time is four months.
2. UK NARIC will provide an assessment if the qualification(s) submitted are
accredited in the country of origin and have been awarded by awarding bodies that are
accredited/recognised in the country of origin. For qualifications that do not meet
these criteria a NARIC Statement of Comparability will be issued, but no comparability will be provided.
3. Additional qualifications and duplicate Statements/Assessments. Additional qualifications submitted for assessment
after an evaluation has been issued, but within 3 months of date of issue, will incur a fee of £12.00 + VAT* (£14.40) plus
your chosen delivery charge. Additional qualifications submitted 3 months or more after the date of issue of the
evaluation will incur a fee of £46.00 + VAT* (£55.20) plus your chosen delivery charge. If you request a duplicate
Statement/Assessment within 3 months of the date of issue, only the postage fee will be payable; after this period
the fee will be £12.00 + VAT* (£14.40) plus your chosen delivery charge.
4. The applicant shall bear sole responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the applicant’s details supplied to UK NARIC.
5. UK NARIC will not take responsibility for original documents and UK NARIC cannot be held responsible for loss of paperwork in the post. In order to process an application, UK NARIC requires photocopies of original certificates, translations into English (if applicable) and copies of transcripts. Three months after an application is completed we will destroy all documents; scanned documentation will be deleted from our databases, and posted copies of documents will be shredded to protect the identity of our applicants. Please do not send original documents - an additional fee will be charged for their safe return.
6. UK NARIC may refuse to process or post the whole or any part of the applicant’s details if UK NARIC deems
it to be offensive or inappropriate or in its absolute discretion it believes to be inaccurate, untrue or a forgery. If fraudulent documents are identified, UK NARIC will forward details onto the relevant authorities and, as per clause 14, no refund will be given.
7. UK NARIC will take all reasonable steps to ensure provision of a high quality service but will not guarantee that the provision of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free. UK NARIC places particular importance on the service provided to all customers. Should the applicant be dissatisfied with the service provision or the information provided they can address their concerns in writing to UK NARIC as specified in the Application Procedures.
The timeframe for submitting complaints / requests for clarification / requests for reassessment is six months after the service has been provided. Any complaints / requests for clarification / requests for reassessment submitted after that period cannot be considered.
8. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, you are confirming that you have read our online information and viewed our samples and are satisfied that the content, purpose and usage of our statements meet your requirements.
9. UK NARIC cannot guarantee to supply the service in the event of the failure or interruption of services provided by third parties.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Our VAT number is GB 535 71 04 56
Our registered address and registered numbers are:
68-70 Suffolk Road,
11. The fee is payable in GBP and chargeable for the comparability service and will include VAT where this
requires adding. VAT is payable for UK and European Economic Area residents.*
12. The fee is an administration and an assessment fee.
The full service fee is non-refundable in the event of an error on the part of the applicant.
Please ensure that the correct documentation is supplied.
Refunds are available in certain scenarios, although UK NARIC will retain an administration fee. For
details of our refund policy, please see here.
13. UK NARIC will not process an application using a credit or debit card if this is rejected by our banking facility.
14. The fee does not depend on the outcome of a comparability assessment and is therefore non-refundable.
15. UK NARIC will not refund fees in the event that in the process of assessment UK NARIC deems information received to be offensive or inappropriate or in its absolute discretion it believes to be inaccurate, untrue or a forgery.
16. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, given the nature of the service, you are agreeing
to the service starting before the end of the seven day cancellation period. Cancellation rights will therefore
end when the performance of the service begins.
17. Personal data provided in your application to UK NARIC will be stored in our systems. You may ask us whether we are storing personal information about you by emailing us at email@example.com and, if you wish, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you by email. We may ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if identity is not established. We will also charge an administration fee of £10 (+VAT) for this service.
18. In some cases, especially those where research into an award is deemed necessary, UK NARIC, ECCTIS Ltd may be asked by third parties to provide personal details in order to verify records. Similarly, third parties who are in possession of your evaluation, such as employers, may request verification of the evaluation by contacting UK NARIC directly. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you are giving permission for UK NARIC to share this personal data with third parties for the purposes described above. Should any personal data be shared, UK NARIC, ECCTIS Ltd will request that the third party does not retain the information for any longer than is necessary, and that the data is only used for the purpose of the enquiry.
19. Cookies are used on the UK NARIC website. A cookie is a small piece of information created
by your browser using information sent from a website so it can later be read back from that
browser. This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information. When you visit
some areas of our website, a temporary cookie may be used. The cookie is only active during your
current visit to our website and is not stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use a temporary
cookie to verify who you are while using our website; this cookie can only be used by our website.
Cookies cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. In order to access some areas of our site you must have cookies enabled.
*If you are applying from an address outside of the EU, you are not required to pay VAT.